When completing practicum requirements in clinical settings, you and your Preceptor might complete several patient assessments in the course of a day or even just a few hours. This schedule does not always allow for a thorough discussion or reflection on every patient you have seen. As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you take the time to reflect on a comprehensive patient assessment that includes everything from patient medical history to evaluations and follow-up care. For this Assignment, you begin to plan and write a comprehensive assessment paper that focuses on one female patient from your current practicum setting.
This Assignment is due. It is highly recommended that you begin planning and working on this Assignment as soon as it is viable.
Write an 8- to 10-page comprehensive paper that addresses the following:
Note: Refer to the Comprehensive Write-up Guide in this week’s Learning Resources for a detailed outline with additional guidance.
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available athttp://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
FOLLOW THIS GUIDE. HEADINGS SHOULD BE LIKE ITS ON THE GUIDE. SETTING IS A OB/GYN OFFICE. SO SCENARIO HAS TO BE OB/GYN RELATED
Comprehensive Write-up Guide
Week 2 Assignment:
Comprehensive Patient Assessment When completing practicum requirements in clinical settings, you and your Preceptor might complete several patient assessments in the course of a day or even just a few hours. This schedule does not always allow for a thorough discussion or reflection on every patient you have seen. As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you take the time to reflect on a comprehensive patient assessment that includes everything from patient medical history to evaluations and follow-up care. For this Assignment, you begin to plan and write a comprehensive assessment paper that focuses on one female patient from your current practicum setting. To complete: Write an 8- to 10-page comprehensive paper that addresses the following:
1. General patient information a. Age b. Race/ethnicity c. Partner status
2. Current health status a. Chief concern/complaint and history of present illness (include a complete symptom analysis of chief complaint(s) utilizing OLDCART for a sick/problem focused visit) b. Last menstrual period or year of menopause c. DES exposure (if born between 1948 and 1971) d. Sexual activity status e. Barrier prevention f. Sexual preference g. Satisfaction with sexual relations
3. Contraception method (if any)
4. Patient history a. Past medical history • Major medical events (including pediatric events) • Psychological and mental health • Surgeries and/or hospitalizations if pertinent • Medications, including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, home and herbal remedies, calcium, and vitamin supplements • Allergies, including drug, food, and environment © 2013 Laureate Education, Inc. 2 • Health maintenance/screenings, including results of patient’s last Pap and mammogram as appropriate, as well as previous vaccinations (HPV, MMR, hepatitis B, last dT, and pneumovax/influenza as appropriate) b. Family medical history c. Gynecologic history • Nullipara vs. multipara • History of sexually transmitted infections and sexually transmitted diseases • Menarche and menstrual patterns • Menopause or peri-menopausal symptoms (if applicable) d. Obstetric history • Gravida and parity status (TPAL) • Pregnancy history, including history of preterm or low birth weight, other pregnancy complications, history of sexually transmitted diseases, and any pertinent negatives e. Personal social history (as appropriate to the current problem) • Cultural background • Education and economic condition • Abuse history including assault and forced sex (past and current) • Occupational health patterns • Environment • Current health habits and/or risk factors • Substance use (must include for every patient) • Tobacco including frequency and longevity • Alcohol including results of CAGE unless patient has never used • Recreational drug use (past and current) • Exercise and physical activity • Diet and nutrition • Sleep • Caffeine
5. Review of systems (ROS) a. Must include reproductive system as well as other pertinent systems (systems relevant to HPI should be included under HPI)
6. Physical exam a. General exam, including vital signs, height, weight, and BMI on every patient b. Physical exam focused on episodic complaint (include numbers of weeks gestation, fundal height, and fetal heart tones for OB patients)
7. Labs, tests, and other diagnostics © 2013 Laureate Education, Inc. 3 a. Pertinent labs, test, and other diagnostics (include routine tests such as triple screen and urine dip for OB patients)
8. Differential diagnoses a. Explain why this set of differential diagnoses should be considered and why each diagnosis should be ruled in or ruled out.
9. Management plan a. Diagnosis b. Treatment c. Patient education d. Follow-up care .
Reminder: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting. Please contact the course Instructor with any questions regarding this Assignment.
Why Hire a Professional Essay Writer from essayprohire
The quality of an essay is important
If you want to be successful in the essay writing world, it’s important to make sure that the quality of your work is high. A professional essay writer from us will be able to provide you with high-quality papers, and they will also have the experience necessary to write effective essays. This means that you won’t have to worry about any errors or problems with your essays – they will be perfect.
Our Customer service is top-notch
If you have a problem with your essay, or if you just need a little help writing it, then you should contact our customer service. Our customer service is always available to help you with whatever you need – from getting your essay correct to helping you with the grammar and punctuation. We’re here to help, so don’t hesitate to call us today!
Our offer on Unlimited Revisions
If you're looking for essaywriting help, then you should definitely consider getting help from a essaywritinghelpnow. However, if you're not sure what you need or whether you have the time or resources to do the research yourself, then you might want to consider getting unlimited revisions done by our team of experts. O
Our guarantee to Confidentiality
We understand the importance of confidentiality, and we will never share your personal information with anyone without your permission. That’s why we offer a one-year guarantee that your essays will remain confidential. If you decide that you no longer want us to write your essays, we will still respect your privacy and will destroy all the evidence that we had of your work.
We believe that it is important to have a reliable and trustworthy essaywriter. That’s why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our essays. We take the time to get to know our clients, and we will always make sure that our essays are of the highest quality. We understand that not everyone is happy with their first essay, so we want to make sure that you’re always satisfied with the results of our work.
Our punctuality and quality
At our company, we pride ourselves on our punctuality and quality. We understand that it can be difficult to get essays written on time, and we’re here to help you out! Our writers are always available to help you with your essay, and we guarantee that you’ll receive the best possible product. We also have a strict no-nonsense policy when it comes to plagiarism, so you can be sure that your essay will be of the highest quality.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
So much stress and so little time? Take care of yourself: let us help you with your tasks. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.